This innovative system combines the HIT DrainGrid base module with special drip lines for equal arena footing irrigation based on capillarity. The result is a HIGH Water Conserving, low maintenance, and permeable arena base. Many watering systems leave behind muddy or insufficiently watered areas in your arena footing. Moreover, the water takes time to reach the dryer area below, while most of the water evaporates by the sun and wind.
The system works identically for outdoor and indoor arena footings: For outdoor arena footings the irrigation system also features a draining and watering function, for indoor arenas, a watering function.
- Water savings of 60-70% in comparison to overhead sprinkler systems and 50% compared to the Ebb- and Flow Risohorse Underground Watering System.
- Efficient drainage of excessive rain water
- Water loss due to evaporation mist, surface run off or wind interference is eliminated
- Equal irrigation of the whole arena – no dry or wet spots
- Irrigation from the ground up provides equal stability of the arena footing
- Eliminates unreliable sprinkler systems and splashing on nice wooden kick-walls
- Shock absorbant arena base to minimize concussion
DrainGrid – Function
DrainGrid – Result